The mathematics program at Dromana Primary aims to provide children with the knowledge and skills necessary for future life, further study and interest.
By undergoing a comprehensive and sequential mathematics program children develop:
- knowledge of number facts and technical skills .
- conceptual understanding of number and order.
- ability to communicate in clear and precise mathematical language
- ability to use and transfer their knowledge to solve real, abstract and non-routine problems
- ability to conduct investigations using mathematics and assess logically and reasonably
- practical ability in measuring, estimating using calculators and computers